How to Host a Backyard Wedding
Posted on: October 15, 2020
The world is an unpredictable place in which COVID-19 has uprooted the plans of many extravagant weddings. As the pandemic continues to pose safety hazards, many couples are choosing to pause or postpone their weddings. Others are choosing to pivot their original plan and host a more intimate ceremony in their own backyard.
Advantages of a Backyard Wedding
There are several benefits to having your wedding in your backyard, including:
Flexibility. There is no longer a need to abide by the wishes of the venue. Choose the date that works best for you, decorate however you want, include your family pets in the event. Your options are wide open!
Cost. Without the need to book a venue and by downsizing your guest list, you will end up saving money.
Intimacy. For safety concerns, limiting the number of attendees is necessary. However, this allows for more one-on-one time with those closest to you.
Depending on where you live and how large your wedding will be, you may be required to obtain a permit.
- Reach out to your city about noise ordinances, fire codes, health department regulations, parking permits, and zoning issues.
- Talk to your officiant to ensure they are willing to perform the ceremony. Some officiants are not allowed to perform ceremonies outside their place of worship.
- Lastly, it is a good idea to forewarn your neighbors. The last thing you want is a disgruntled neighbor crashing your big day.
When you no longer have someone else to do all the planning for you, details can begin to slip through the cracks.
- Consider where the ceremony and reception will take place. Wedding arches create a beautiful frame for your ceremony.
- For the reception, you will need tables, chairs, linens, and tableware.
- Putting up a tent will protect you and your guests from rain, sunshine, and wind.
- Instead of having your guests meander in and out of the house to use the restroom, consider renting one of our new, luxury restroom trailers.
- If you want to preserve your grass and make it easier for your guests to walk or dance, consider having temporary flooring installed over your lawn.
- Are you providing the food yourself? We offer catering rentals to keep your food fresh.
- Cooling and heating system rentals will keep your guests comfortable no matter the weather.
- Help keep your guests health by renting any number of our social distancing solutions. These include tents, restroom trailers, pipe and drape, hand sanitizing stations, and stanchions.
Decorations set the tone for your event. Some elements you might consider include:
- Lighting such as string lights or chandeliers
- Additional furniture to make sure your guests are comfortable
- Pipe and drape for an added element of elegance
Hosting a backyard wedding can make your special day that much more wonderful. Get in touch with us today to secure any rentals you may need to transform your backyard for your special day.